A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE BANK SINCE ITS INCEPTION
- Bank was incorporated on March 5, 1907 with an Authorized Capital of Rs.20 lakh and commenced its business on August 15, 1907.
- Bank celebrated its Silver Jubilee.
- Bank opened its first overseas operation in Colombo in 1932.
- Bank opened its Singapore branch in 1941.
- Bank’s Head Office housed in a rental building, moved into the new building.
- Indian Bank’s logo was approved in July 1978 comprising of three circling arrows arranged around a central point.
- Indian Bank was the first Public Sector Bank to install ATM at Harbour.
- The centenary year celebration of the Bank was inaugurated by His Excellency the president of India Shri APJ Abdul Kalam on 4th September.
- Bank went in for Intial Public Offer in February, 2007.
- Bank’s business crossed the Rs.1 Lakh crore mark in March 2008.
- Inauguration of new Hi-Tech Corporate Office at Royapettah which is considered a landmark in Chennai.
- Pandyan Grama Bank amalgamated with Bank’s Pallavan Grama Bank.
- Government of India announced Amalgamation of Allahabad Bank, a bank with 155 years legacy into Indian Bank.
- In terms of the Scheme of Amalgamation notified by the Government of India, Allahabad Bank was amalgamated into Indian Bank with effect from 1st April 2020.
( Last modified on Jul 17, 2021 at 07:07:54 PM )