Point of Sales (PoS)
A PoS machine is a point of sales machine through which a customer can make payment to merchant in exchange for goods or after provision of a service through debit/credit/prepaid cards or QR scanning. Merchant may issue a printed receipt / e-receipt for successful transaction.
Types of PoS
- Android PoS- Terminal having Android Smartphone functionality with full touch, printer & inbuilt camera. Works with GPRS/Wifi connectivity along with battery backup
- Handheld GPRS PoS- Terminal with keypad and with printer. Works with GPRS connectivity along with battery backup.
- Digital PoS – Terminal with keypad and without printer. Works with GPRS connectivity along with battery backup
How to avail PoS:
- Submit PoS application form along with KYC documents and necessary Agreement to the nearest Indian Bank Branch.
- Enrolment of Merchant done upon receipt of application forwarded by Branch and Zone.
- After enrolment, Unique merchant ID is created and terminal is dispatched to the merchant after validation.
- Installation call made to the merchant for activation.
Two models are available for obtaining PoS viz.,
Rental model: Pay as you use
Outright Purchase model: Pay once and enjoy PoS facility for lifetime
Value added Services:
- Cash@PoS- Cardholder can withdraw cash upto Rs.2000/- through PoS
- EMI on PoS- Credit card holders can convert the payment into EMI through EMI facility enabled at PoS
- Amazon pay- Customers make payment using their Amazon pay wallet
- Sodexo acceptance- Food cards acceptance
- International card acceptance Facility-Foreign cards acceptance
- Integration of PoS with Merchant software- PoS can be integrated with merchant billing software
- UPI QR on PoS- Payment acceptance through QR code displayed in PoS
- Android billing solution: In-app billing solution in Android PoS
- PoS manager app- Merchant can view transaction details, raise complaints, paper roll requests, etc.
- No installation charges, paper roll charges, late batch settlement charges, low usage charges and duplicate/backdated statement charges for any location or type of business.
- Nil Rent for IB-freedom prime customers
- PoS at free of Cost for MSME traders with exposure more than 25 lakhs
Advantages of PoS:
- Portable; Take anywhere inside India
- Eliminates the need to carry Cash
- Faster and Easier
- Eliminates man power for physical cash maintenance
- Quick confirmation/ transaction status will be sent to the merchant by SMS.
- Consolidated transaction details are sent through SMS/e-mail
For more details, contact your nearest Indian Bank branch or 1800 425 00 000.
( Last modified on Oct 29, 2021 at 05:10:51 PM )