Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- The account may be opened by one of the guardian in the name of a girl child,who has not attained the age of ten years as on the date of opening of the account.
- High Rate of Interest – 7.60 % Per Annum ( FY 2022-23, Q-1 ).
- Accounts can be opened easily with the Birth Certificate of the girl Child accompanied by the guardian’s KYC (POI & POA ).
- Only one account can be opened for a girl child Maximum of 2 girl Children in one family.
- A SSY account holder can invest minimum Rs 250 & Maximum Rs 1,50,000 in a Financial Year.
- SSY investment are Compounded annually & the credited to the account on the last day of the FY.
- Investments can be claimed under Income tax Sec 80 C.
- Deposits may be made in the account till the completion of a period of 15 years and the account will mature after 21 years from the date of opening of the account.
- Withdrawal of upto a Maximum of 50% of the amount in the account can be allowed for Education purpose after the girl child attaining 18 years or after passing Standard 10th , Whichever is earlier.
- Irregular SSY accounts can be regularised with a payment of Minimum investment ( ie -Rs.250 ) plus Rs.50.
- Account can be regularised by depositing (Rs.250+50) * No of irregular Years
- The interest shall be credited to the account at the end of each financial year.
- Premature Closure of account can be allowed in case of extreme compassionate grounds such as medical support .
( Last modified on Jun 23, 2022 at 07:06:21 PM )