screen > home > Safe
net use - Guidelines
Security Guidelines for safe online banking
- Keep your passwords confidential
- Avoid using simple passwords and use strong passwords
- Change the passwords periodically and whenever you feel that
your password has been compromised or made known to anybody accidentally
- Destroy the password/pin mailer after changing the password/pin
- Use the virtual keyboard displayed on the login screen to enter
- Avoid accessing online banking websites from cybercafés/shared
- Upgrade the Operating System (OS) of the computer system promptly
as newer/upgraded versions would help make your system more secure.
- Use newer/upgraded versions of browsers as they are regularly
updated to block and alert you from accessing the phishing sites
- Install Antivirus software on your computer systems and update
them continuously as this will reduce the risk of virus attacks
- Installation of personal firewall would provide added level
- Any potential risk caused through pop up windows may be eliminated
by removing spy ware or ad ware installed on your system by using
spyware/adware removing tools.
- Avoid downloading from unknown/unfamiliar sources. They may
contain Trojans/malicious programs or worms/viruses that may
compromise your system security.
- Disconnect your internet connection when not in use. This
would avoid unnecessary access to the information on your systems
and help protect yourself even if you have a personal firewall
installed in your system.
- Logout completely after using the online application, i.e.,
by clicking the logout button and closing the browser windows.